We like to partner with ambitious business owners who know their markets and want not only investment, but input along the way.
With alignment as a core principle our focus is on capital growth for all investing parties, and as we personally invest in every transaction, objectives are aligned
“Giving away” equity?
It is a myth that shareholders are in some way giving away value when they take another investor on board. In active equity investment this couldn’t be further from reality.
If an investor places £1m into the business, the value increases by that amount as nothing is taken away. Arguably the involvement adds far more, by enabling the business to plan so much more, such as the following:
- Increasing the financial strength of the business, thereby helping with suppliers and customers
- Alleviating or reducing debt repayments and the overall strain on the business
- Funding organic expansion
- Supporting the employment of high quality staff to accelerate growth
- Helping acquisition activity
- Supporting a market and product range expansion
- Providing a solution to shareholding restructure in order to release shareholder funds or to allow a buyout
Absolute value is often seen through a sale but an injection of equity can achieve a host of positive growth outcomes.
With considerable experience across a host of industry sectors we look to invest in teams that we want to work with, and are generalist in our approach. After all the teams Altitude support will know their industry far better than any financial based ‘sector specialist’ can ever do.
What we do is invest in businesses we can be close enough to support (in other words, in Southern England), to which we can bring good corporate governance and strong financial skills. Our role is to support as an active and interested investor but not to interfere.
Find out more
To find out more about how Altitude Partners can work with you contact us via email or give us a call